Monday, November 2, 2009

801 Chophouse

I gotta say, I have not been much of a fan of the food I've had at the Power and Light District so far. When we got a great deal on a gift certificate to 801 Chophouse, I figured it would just be overpriced, under-tasty steak. As a matter of fact I was so sure of this that I didn't even order a steak! I ordered a duck pasta dish, which was fine... but boy did I make a mistake!
Scott ordered a steak (rib eye of course), green beans, and mashed potatoes. Oh. My.
The steak could not have been cooked better. Makes my mouth water just thinking of it.
Often the sides are an afterthought at restaurants. Mushy. Nasty. Not here! The green beans were phenomenal!! They had 1/2-inch cubes of bacon in them!!! And the mashed potatoes were just as memorable with probably just as much heavy cream in them as potatoes. Not diet food for sure. But super tasty!
This is a pricey restaurant. I would strongly recommend getting a cheap gift certificate and using it here! I think the steak alone was $37.
Would I go again?
Definitely. But next time I'm getting the steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment