Monday, November 2, 2009

Chaz

Going out for a great dinner is made even better when we get to do it with good friends! Although it does make it harder for me to remember to check out the place so I can write about it! Let's see what I can remember...
We went to Chaz - in the Raphael hotel on the plaza - during the Plaza Art Festival. Nutty time to go down to the plaza!
The inside is a little dated, but hey - it's an old hotel! The dining area is not one big room. It's set up very compartmentalized so it felt a bit more private. I liked that. (Although lesson learned - don't knock on the dividers to figure out what it's made of. The people on the other side will think you're knocking at them.
Dinner was so yummy! I ordered Osso Buco, because I try to order things you can't get just anywhere. It was yummy, of course. It's one of those great comfort foods!
Scott ordered my favorite foods - seared scallops with smoked tomato polenta (SO good) and asparagus. He even ordered my favorite dessert, creme brulee. I don't know why I didn't order these things. I think it's because I've been burned so many times thinking that if I order my favorite foods I'll love it. And then someone manages to botch them up and it's not good at all!
I'm becoming so cynical in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment