Monday, February 16, 2009

The Cafe at Briarcliffe

My sweet husband asked me to breakfast on Valentine's Day. What a guy!
We decided to try something new and went for The Cafe at Briarcliffe.
It felt like I was at a hotel restaurant. A nice hotel, but a hotel nonetheless. And instead of hotel guests, I would guess that their typical diner lives in Briarcliffe and just rides on down the hill to eat.
The food was fine, the service was s l o w. I know what you're going to say. It was Valentine's Day - what did I expect? Well, I would expect slow service on Valentine's Day. If the restaurant was full. That was definitely not the case.
The breakfast menu had the usual fare. Pancakes. Waffles. Eggs. The usual. I had a waffle and Scott had pancakes. My waffle was fine, nothing extraordinary. But the syrup was really good. The bacon that came with my waffle was... odd. I had one piece, but there were three or four pieces stuck together on the bottom. It was pretty much inedible.
Dinner and lunch however look must more unique. There were things on there that I'm very excited to go back to try.
So, would I go back? Yep, just not for breakfast. And not unless I had a lot of time, just in case they're moving at turtle-speed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment