Monday, February 16, 2009

Cafe Cedar

We wanted to keep our Valentine's dinner low key. I'm not a huge fan of going out to dinner Valentine's night - the food isn't usually as good I think. So, we went to Cafe Cedar. I don't think this building was always a restaurant. I know before it was Cafe Cedar it was The Skillet. And I'm pretty sure some of The Skillet's fixtures are still there. For example, there's a little red convertible in the middle of the dining room. With serving dishes in it. We're guessing that it came with the place, and no one wants to put the effort into getting it out.
The food was great! We got a combination appetizer plate that had hummus, falafil, baba ghonouj, stuffed grape leaves, spinach pie and tabbouleh, served with warm pita bread. Neither of us had tried any of that before, except the hummus. Everything was so good on there. My favorite was the falafil. Scott loved the hummus.
For dinner I had the Sultan Chicken. It had pieces of chicken, potatoes, almonds, pine nuts, and raisins baked in phyllo dough. The flavors were great, but it was a little dry. Scott had a beef ka bob which was cooked perfectly.
I would definitely go back there again. Soon. I'm craving that falafil right now. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment