Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Em Chamas

I have always wanted to go to a Brazilian restaurant, a churrascaria. The concept was intriguing.
So when Em Chamas came to Kansas City - and to the Northland even! - I knew we had our chance!

Have you ever been to a churrascaria? Here's the basic set up. When you get there, you receive a little round card. As long as you have it facing up they will bring you all sorts of different types of rotisserie meat, still on their skewers. They shave a little piece of it off for you and you get a little sampling of everything you want. When you scream uncle and can take no more, you flip your round card over and they take mercy on you. Scott was pretty excited at taking this restaurant on!

You don't just get meat here. There is also a "gourmet bar" that you can visit as many times as you would like. I actually liked this more than the meat! There were some things there that I've never seen on a salad bar before. Lots of seafood and vegetables done so perfectly.

Would I go again? This place falls under the category of "we'd go if another couple asked us to go there with them." What do I call that?? And if we did go, I'd probably just get the gourmet bar.

This place is a little pricey but you get a TON of food for your money - if you want. If you aren't hungry, don't bother! And if you don't have elastic pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment