Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pot Pie

I first learned about Pot Pie from Check Please, a new show on PBS showcasing local restaurants and 3 diners' takes on them.

This place makes me feel like I'm hanging out in a friend's loft. It's dimly lit. Very cozy. Everyone was there to get truly good food, but didn't want to analyze why it was so good. They just knew it was. I didn't detect one food snob in the place.
I had plans to go to this gem only for dessert. When my friend and I got there, our table wasn't ready. We sat at the bar and chatted with a very friendly bartender, tried a new wine, and learned a little bit about the place.
We saw someone eating a yummy looking bowl of mussels. Had to. So, before dessert I had mussel broth all over my hands. And it was well worth it!

Dessert. I have to say I wasn't all that excited about going to Pot Pie for dessert. I checked out their menu online before heading there and I wasn't all that thrilled with my choices. If it's not covered in chocolate, it's typically not a dessert for me. Well, one of the people on Check Please mentioned that they normally didn't like bread pudding but really enjoyed the bread pudding at Pot Pie. I'm not a fan of bread pudding. I don't do mushy foods. But, I decided to go for it.

It smelled like chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. It was warm. Gooey. Comforting. Delicious.

I can't wait to go back and try the rest of their menu. Everything sounded so good. I will be back!

2 comments:

  1. YEA! IT IS ABOUT TIME! I love the title and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! Brett and I love to eat out and try new places, and we have not been to any of these places. Now that we know a little more, we will have to give them a shot. Thanks ~ I would like your thoughts on the Noodle place in Zona Rosa ~
    Liz

    ReplyDelete